August 25, 2007

Awwwwwwww


Okay, under all this manliness, which I assure you there is a lot of manliness(I'm hyperproficieint in manly), there lurks cuddled in the corner with a fuzzy blanket, glass of milk and big doey eyes is a softy. No shame in admitting it. As Popeye put it, I am what I am.

Now, with that, tonight I cozied up to the missus and watched this movie Sweet Land. I had heard good things, but they were from Minnesotans, and Sweet Land was filmed in Minnesota (in Montevideo, which is somewhere towards North Dakota), so there's that local pride thing going on. So I took those recommendations with a grain of salt.

I was horribly wrong to do so.

I loved Sweet Land. So very, very much. It's impossibly sweet. Romantic. Tender-hearted. Just...good, you know. It'd be a disservice to call it simple because of the negativity associated with that word, but it's more like a pure simple, you know. Just means well in all the right ways. Really warms you up. So, go find a loved one, a blanket, and watch this movie.

I know I didn't provide a summary, or clear thesis, or anything like that. Yeah, I don't care. Just go in blind, let yourself be surprised. I will embed a trailer below...but seriously, I think part of the reason why I liked this so much is that I knew so little, and let myself enjoy it without expectations. So watch at your own peril.



VIVA EL TIERRA DE MINNESOTA

1 comment:

Diana said...

I know exactly what you mean about Sweetland. I love it, too.