September 8, 2008

Pending Award Season

Friends,

Were you aware that you can just wake up one morning and suddenly be lactose intolerant? Yeah, that's how it happens. You don't have to cross a mean gypsy or lick a toad or stand under high tension wires. Just poof, milk gives you gut rot. Well, I think that's what been going on with me lately, maybe. For the past three or four days I've been battling stomach cramps with belly-shaking gurgling combined with hilariously extended bouts of gas has to come from something, and the only culprit in my diet as of late is dairy products. It's not like I'm having a chili fiesta every night here at Casa de los Johnsons or some kind of a cornucopia of cauliflower and broccoli. So, let's just say, what a wonderful thing to happen to a person. Move to the dairy capital of the planet and suddenly get stricken with an anti-dairy thing. Or maybe it's stress/depression from doing my rewarding job. Or maybe, I'm impregnated with some kind of alien seed. Hopefully it won't end like this for me.




Anyway, it's taken me a long way to get to this part of my post. But, I was thinking, were you aware that anyone, and I mean anyone can nominate someone for the Pulitzer Prize, filling out a form that's available here, so long as they have have a book published within the time frame for the award to be nominated. Like, if you were to have a book published in March, you could send in your book to be nominated for a Pulitzer along with the $50 entry fee, four copies of your book, a picture and a biography of the author to be considered for the Pulitzer next year. This year wouldn't work because of when the book is published, but next year, once it hits the streets, you could totally do it. Or, you know, a group of people you know could even do it for you, to help keep costs down, you understand. If, of course, you have a group of people willing to do such a thing.

viva el mustache

3 comments:

Diana said...

Hey pipsqueak! Are you talkin' to me?

Yes, I could totally do this. And then I can walk around bragging to everyone that I was nominated for the Pulitzer.

Maybe I'll even put it on t-shirts.

Diana said...

PS. Maybe we can have a fundraiser to gather up enough cash for the entry fee. Set up coffee cans with my picture on them in gas stations,l that sort of thing. We will nickel and dime our way to the prize.

Bryan said...

Damn right, Nails. I think that's a beautiful idea. I don't see any reason why not to nominate you for the Pulitzer.

Oh, and we could use that impish grin photo of you and plaster it on the can with the caption, "Gimme a quarter or I'll spit on your shoes." Or something equally spunky, yet more convincing. Better still would be to do some emotional appeals and put a picture of Bobby or The Kitten on there and some vague message like, "Don't let things happen to YOUR animals." That'll rake in the spare change. You could put one down at the DQ near your house...perfect.