October 26, 2008

Bad Music Sunday

Friends,

I was putting together this edition, and I was thinking about putting some solo Stevie Nicks on here. But, then I listened to the Edge of Seventeen, and, man, that's not that bad at all. I've found that happening a lot with Bad Music Sunday. You go into thinking, "Oh, yeah, Men at Work belongs, without question." Then, suddenly, you listen to Men at Work, even that song they did on Scrubs, you're thinking, "This shit right here, it's all right."

Anyway, here's another bad music injection.


Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight
I can't explain it, but I just love the parenthetical (I Just) to start this title. I never really understand parentheticals in song titles in the first place, but something about this one seems really goofy.


John Waite - Missing You


Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting


George Michael - Careless Whisper


Jefferson Starship - Sara


Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4
This is the 1986 Version, without Peter Cetera on vocals. Inferior product? I don't know. Peter Cetera has some big shoes to fill, so maybe this guy was just doomed to fail. And to rearrange 25 or 6 to 4. That probably pissed off a lot of hip band directors at the time who were teaching thier marching bands how to play the original version of this song. Thank god the original endured, right? Or, what would hip band directors get their bands to play? The Doobie Brothers?


Los Angeles Raiders Football Team - Silver and Black Attack
Maybe they were in Oakland at this time, I don't know. But, this is so painful and straight from the era of when celebrities and non-rappers decided to make horrific, ignorant "rap" songs. Why was this so rampant during this time? Why were people buying into this?


Hinder - Take Me Home Tonight
An Eddie Money cover? By those Lips of an Angel goofs? That's delicious like a mayonnaise and peanut butter sandwich.



Eddie Money - Baby Hold On
Ain't nobody does Eddie Money like Eddie Money. Also, I really think David Clisbee should dress up as Eddie Money for Halloween....the people of Mankato would love it, especially if he just went around belting out Eddie Money standards.


viva el mustache

1 comment:

Sethy Go Bragh! said...

Boy, that LA Raiders song just keeps going doesn't it.