November 2, 2008

Bad Music Sunday

Friends,

Here's another dollop...

Oingo Boingo - Little Girls
I know this is a joke song, or something like that, but man, I don't know.


Oingo Boingo - Weird Science
Just found out that the boys of Boingo don't like this song. Very well. Oh, and yes, Danny Elfman is the lead singer of this bad. Yes, that Danny Elfman.


Janet Jackson - What Have You Done for Me Lately
You haven't done nothing for me lately. How about showing that other nipple?


Erasure - Ship of Fools


The Outfield - Your Love (Live!?)
Those shouty parts of the song crack me up because, for some reason, I imagine Peter Boyle doing that Frankenstein "Putting on the Ritz" in those moments. Just kills me.


Savage Garden - I Want You
Yes, that other Savage Garden song...


Rod Stewart - Infatuation
Synth horns! And, personal note, there is a joke between me and my mom where we imagine my dad trying to sing along with this song, but unable to pronounce the word infatuation correctly. Maybe this is only funny if you know my dad has a hard time saying some words, like envelope. Or, maybe not.


Nickelback - Rockstar
Unless Nickelback cures cancer while simultaneously making me the richest man alive, I will never change my opinion about them being one of the worst bands to strap on a guitar.


T'Pau - China In Your Hand
I never heard of this song before posting this. I was searching around, hoping for some idea, then I got to this when looking for Belinda Carlisle, who, by the way, doesn't want you to embed her shit. Well, you can take your heaven, wherever on earth it is, Belinda, and shove it hard. So then I figured maybe this is one of those 80s songs that I only remember the chorus to, and that wasn't the case. But, you know, that's doesn't mean it isn't awful. I mean, if you find a turd on the sidewalk you don't suddenly think it's not a turd just because you don't know who coiled it, right? So, here you go: Found turd...



BONUS AWESOME FOOTAGE:
Because I mentioned it earlier...

Dr. Frankenstein & Frankenstein's Monster - Putting on the Ritz


viva el mustache

No comments: