January 25, 2009

Bad Music Sunday

Friends,

Dig in.

Scritti Politi - Wood Beez


Katharine McPhee - I Know What Boys Like
Yeah, me too. Tits.


The Waitresses - I Know What Boys Like
The cover above is actually far worse than this one. But this original isn't exactly good either, particularly this live version.


U2 - Get On Your Boots
Excuse the little bit of radio talk-over during this song, but this appears to be the first single of the new U2 record (and the best audio quality I found). I know it sucks, 50 courics worth I believe, but it better suck with high clarity for BMS. I know it's tough for bands like U2 to keep making good records because you're fighting nostalgia of greatness past on top of needing to keep making good stuff. It's the curse of Joshua Tree and early success. And while I'm not having a Ghost of Nostradamustache kind of "I never want to hear U2 again" moment here, this single doesn't bode will for me getting the new U2 record, particularly since I didn't really like How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (though Vertigo was a fun song). Emily's reaction to hearing this, "What is Bono doing?"


The Who - Eminence Front
This is song has a serious case of "get the fuck on with it already" disease.


Ted Nugent - Wango Tango
My friend Todd (not the cocksman Anderson, but a portly guy back in Granite...funny, both are engaged I think) used to do this disturbing little manuever we called "the wango." Now Todd was around 300 pounds, wildman hair, crystalline blue eyes, and the facial hair of a bassist. So this guy, while standing, would clap, point at you (like Hulk Hogan). Then while holding the point, and an intense stare with those icy blue eyes, would begin walking and humping his hips toward you at the same time. It was menacing. And this song is terrible as well.


The Offspring - Pretty Fly for a White Guy
Yes, it's a joke song. Don't care.


The Offspring - Bad Habit
I was going to put "Why Don't You Get a Job" but, man, color me ashamed but that's a hooky song that I don't mind nearly as much as I expected to.


viva el mustache

1 comment:

Jorge said...

Fuck Bono. And fuck U2. Am I out of line? I don't care.

In any case, I find the fact that the Offspring ripped off their intro for "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" from Def Leppard's "Rock of Ages." I guess it makes sense; both songs are ridiculous. Although I do have a soft spot for both bands.