March 29, 2009

Bad Music Sunday

Friends,

Here's some BMS for ya.

Technotronic - Pump Up the Jam


Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On
Hurts me a little to put this song on here because of all the connotations for Cardinal baseball in the 1980s (this was the team song) but, yeesh...


Republica - Ready to Go
You think when they wrote this song, took a couple drafts to get right, that they were hoping it would be a Gary Glitter-size hit for stadiums? You think they get royalties for that? Maybe I should write a stadium anthem...


Everlast - Folsom Prison Blues
How do you fuck up Folsom Prison? Seriously. C'mon, Everlast! You should be ashamed.


OPM - Horney
What the hell are they sampling with that piano part? I can't think of it. And it's frustrating as all hell because I absolutely should know it.


Warrant w/ Trixter & Firehouse - (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (to Party)
Oh. Gotta crank the volume on this to hear it, and it's not that good, but...c'mon, it's the Cerberus of Awesome that is Warrant, Trixter and Firehouse.



Bonus Videos:
I really, really wish I would have put this song on the Diana CDs. I had never seen these viral videos until last week when I was digging around for more BMS, and since then this song has firmly embedded itself into my head. I don't really want it to be there, but, dammit, there it is.

Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Stronger, Faster
Hands:


Co-eds:


viva el mustache

2 comments:

Jorge said...

You don't know how happy it makes me that you called it, "the Cerberus of Awesome"

Jorge said...

And holy crap. I never liked Daft Punk but I kind of do now. Or at least I like the people doing the hands and body thing.