June 7, 2009

Bad Music Sunday

Friends,

Welcome to Sunday. How are you? I am fine. Can't focus too much on the BMS today. Gotta weigh in today, so there's another weight post coming. Will it be positive? Will it be mopey and downtrodden? Oh, I hope positive.

And another thing, the f key on the laptop isn't working all the time. Like right now, I'm gonna hit if and it's not gonna work..see Nothing there. Don't know what's going on with that. It works sometimes, but not all the time. And it just seems to be the f key if I hit it in just the right spot, like there's a dead zone on the key...dammit, there it is again. How the hell do you fix that? Not take it to Staples for one, but after that...I don't know.

Anyway, enjoy your weekly fix:

Scatman John - Everybody Jam!
Scatting is what makes me really hate vocal jazz. Add bad hamster-dance kind of synth music just makes it so much worse for me.


Steve Taylor - I Blew Up the Clinic Real Good
I don't know what to say about this except, yeah, it's a "funny" "Christian" video of a "funny" "Christian" song about a guy blowing up an abortion clinic. I found it while digging around for a Bob Dylan music video from the 80s, saw this Steve Taylor character, found out he's a Christian musician, one commenter went so far to call him the christian rock version of Frank Zappa. Then I found this video. And, well, hm. I don't know. I bet if I did enough digging I could find all kinds of hateful shit on YouTube, like all those white power thrash bands that exist out there. So let's just this be the stand in for all ignorant shit like that. Plus, this has a keytar.


Jimmie's Chicken Shack - Do Right
For Jimmie Chicken Shack, this is probably their best song. It's plenty catchy. But it's a third string band pulling a Offspring & Sugar Ray going happy pop. Gotta do something, I understand that, you can only do the best that you can do. But, at least don't sell out about it, right? Hardcord JCS fans, am I right?


Adema - Blow It Away
This isn't the Adema song that I remember, but Sony BMG won't let you embed the other ones. But this band has it's recording contract because of nu-metal nepotism. The lead singer's brother is the lead singer in former BMS honoree, Korn. Adema has went on to change it's lead singer, once maybe even twice though. Now, how they were able to hold onto a record contract without the Korn sibling fronting it, I don't know. But, then again, what do I know.


Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
It's not the full video, stupid Universal no-embedding music videos, but it's most of it. I do like the convention of rappers and acts like the Backstreet Boys to do those "I'm back, lookout! songs because they're just so ridiculous. Not that they went anywhere, or did anything or were in any kind of peril besides commercial failure for not making another record fast enough. But all of them gotta sing about. Oh, they are back. I like to picture one guy, listening to the radio, just absolutely relieved. "Thank Christ, Backstreet Boys. They are back. All right, indeed."


Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do It For You)
This guy was totally Goo Goo Dolls before those bastards were anything.


Andrew W.K. - She is Beautiful
This guy has faded away right? Yeah? Please? Maybe?


viva el mustache

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Do Right" is actually probably the worst song on the Jimmie's Chicken Shack CD. I rather like that album. They've got a jam band kind of thing going for them on some songs and it's a nice CD to drive around to.