August 16, 2009

Bad Music Sunday

Friends,

A pretty good selection this week, though it does tilt heavily toward the 80s, probably from last weeks John Hughes tribute.

Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes


Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now


Phil Oakley - Together In Electric Dreams


John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)


John Mayer - Say
What makes this one so frustrating is that John Mayer Trio record he made is really, really good. But this other stuff me makes is very, very bad.


Pig - 1979
It's a cover of that Smashing Pumpkins song. Putting this on here leads me to a tangent about how I always wonder how Smashing Pumpkins got a recording contract because they are an impossibly atrocious live band (at least what I've seen from their television appearances). But, I like what the studio does for the Pumpkins...and this cover is no good.


viva el mustache

1 comment:

GLENN TAYLOR said...

Say what you want about the Eric Carmen video. I never watched Dirty Dancing for the story I always had a thing for Jennifer Grey with her unusual nose. Too bad she changed it later