January 24, 2008

Another New York Treat

Friends,

I know I've been doing a lot of these posts, but I found this one a while ago, and forgot to mention it, so here I am mentioning it now.

Die Walkure (The Valkyrie), otherwise known as the second part of the Wagner's Ring Cycle is playing at the Metropolitan Opera on February 2nd. Now, there are two definite problems with this. It's gonna set you back a substantial sum of money to see this. And, it's five hours long.

But, c'mon, it is Wagner after all.

Here's a little taste of the opera:


But, it's most famous for this:


And, was infamously used here (link is to a better quality version):


And it inspired this...What's Opera, Doc?


Which in turn, made Warner Brothers make this....Rabbit of Seville


And this one is just cool: Bunny Hugged


Though this one is better: Baseball Bugs



So that's why you should see that Wagner Opera.

Viva los Bugs Bunny, Joseph Conrad Adaptations, y Wagner Operas

3 comments:

Jorge said...

How could you forget that great scene from Apocalypse Now? You know, when the chopper is doing the fire mission and has the loud speakers attached to the side playing that opera? Great stuff.

Bryan said...

Oh, I thought about it...in fact I may add it in. I just liked going from opera straight of Bugs Bunny.

Jorge said...

It was a very clever move from opera to Bugs. It makes complete sense. I especially like the last video. I was actually thinking of that while reading Tom's post. I approve of it 100%. Just wanted to make sure you didn't forget Apoc. Now, as it is a fantastic film.