February 3, 2008

I Heart LP

Friends,

I'm back from New York City, and I have a couple stories about it. Right now, I'm pretty damn tired, so let me just say I found a new voice to add to the singing voices I find irresitible.

I saw the musical Spring Awakening while in NYC, and the voice played the role of Isle (her last Isle performance is 2/17...so hurry out). She also has a CD coming out later this year. She has, what a fellow MFA'er called, a "bawdy" voice, where it's lower and sultry...just great to listen to...and she has some seriously beautiful blue eyes...which kind of helps.

In addition to Neko Case & Jenny Lewis, I now have a triumvirate of aural delights. Without further ado: Lauren Pritchard.

Don't Do Sadness/Blue Wind:


I couldn't find another video that showed Pritchard singing a different song, so I'm going to have to go with that one video. If you click the above link, you'll get transported to her MySpace page with a chance to hear her sing other tunes.

Welcome to the club, Ms. Pritchard! You are in some elite company.

Neko:


Jenny:


Viva Ms. Pritchard's Singing Ability!

1 comment:

Jorge said...

That dude who sings with LP is creepy. And he can't really sing.