October 25, 2007

This One Goes Out to All You Poets Out There

Friends,

Mustache science in predicting the World Series is perfect, so far. And, let's be honest, I'm not happy about it. I feel the way a Christian scientist (not those who do monitoring) must feel when he/she has those moments were his/her science disproves part of his/her faith. My faith is that the National League is the superior league because they play baseball the right way, and that the NL is only the "weaker" league because there is more parity on that side of the standings. My faith is that the Colorado Rockies can win it, catch lightning in the bottle like my 06' Cards, and win one for the little guy, the midwest, and stick it to ESPN. However, my science, and my one full functioning eyeball, showed me last night that my faith might be full of shit since the Red Sox hung 13 runs on the Rockies in Game 1 on the World Series. Now, I'm not going to say that the Rockies are doomed, I won't say that, but getting your head stomped in like that is no way to begin a series. I still have my faith, I still want to believe, but dammit, my science is strong.

More baseball news, and to unify this post with the title. I found this link about baseball and poetry over at the Poetry Foundation. It's a good read, check it out.

Also, a final note before I go...I was befriended recently by Machine Gun Seth Johnson over on MySpace. Turns out that squarehead can pluck out a tune on the gui-tar when he wants. Swing by his site, take a listen. Don't feel like clicking that link, and you want a taste of bootleg Machine Gun? Well, you got a limber neck? Check out the below video for some sweet Machine Gun action (the song's by Todd Snider, called "Freer Bird / Worst Case Scenario" and the missing lyrics are "Worst Case scenario you're dying to look skinny / I'm on your side / Maybe you slid out of a limousine flashing...)



VIVA EL MUSTACHE!

No comments: