May 2, 2009

Bad Music Sunday: More Covers & Some Top 40

Friends,
Here's the longer BMS that I promised from last Sunday. I don't know if that's good or bad. Anyway, enjoy...

Korn - Word Up
I could have sworn I had this song on here already. But I searched my list and searched the blog, and, no. Did not put this on here. So, let's make up for that right away.


Dope - People Are People
This band's probably most famous for covering that song "Spin Me Round." Yeah that one. You spin me right round baby, right round. So in an attempt to recapture the glory of that cover song, they went to the well again. Which I like to think of is as "pulling a Marilyn" as how Marilyn Manson got famous for covering Sweet Dreams, then kept on covering other 80s songs as his career starting going down the toilet.


The Editors - Lullaby


311 - Love Song


Linkin Park - Sweet Child O Mine (Live!)


Kenny Rogers - Ain't No Sunshine


Jeremiah - Birthday Sex


Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
I think the last song that was any good that had "boom" in the title was "Boom Boom Boom" by Johnny Lee Hooker.


Miley Cyrus - Hoedown Throwdown


3Oh!3 - Don't Trust Me
I suppose not trusting hoes is good advice.



Jamie Foxx feat. T-Pain - Blame It (On the Alcohol)

You MUST click on the link to the official video here. Because it is a straight Top 40 girls shaking their ass kind of video, but the first few seconds are so strange, it's worth looking at. Don't stick around past the opening credits (yes, this has got credits) because the actors appearing in this video aren't really aside from toasting the camera...but the credits has a pretty solid "What the fuck?" moment that makes you wonder if this whole song is an Andy Kaufman kind of joke. And, below, here's the song for your, well, enjoyment I suppose...


viva el mustache

1 comment:

DeWolf said...

I second the advice to click the "Blame It" link. Hilarious.