August 22, 2009

One Hundred and Fifty Dollars

Friends,

When typing out monetary totals, it sort of lessens the sting a little bit doesn't it? Something about not seeing it as numbers makes it a little more abstract.

Anyway, one hundred and fifty dollars is the price I just paid for the privilege to take the general GRE test in October. What. The. Fuck.

How is this monopoly allowed to continue? You can't tell me that there's not a competing organization out there that can put together a test just as good as the ETS behemoth at, say, half the damn cost. Sure, legitimacy may be a problem at first, but, man...it's pretty silly shelling out that kind of dough for a test.

viva el mustache

1 comment:

Philly Baby said...

I, too, have been playing the budget game. And I, too, will have to fork out another 150 to also take the bloody GRE in OCT. Now, have you also calculated the 40-50 application fees to apply to a PhD as well as tried to start figuring out how much scratch you'll need to squirrel away to move? (Dear Budget Truck Rental--Screw You. $700 for four days? Eat it.)
Good luck, my friend. I'm right there with ya on this one.