October 26, 2007

Symphony Space

Friends,

It's about time I write my symphonic opus. Or maybe an opera. I don't know, I'm plenty flexible. Shit, maybe I could even do a ballet. I do wonder what the script for a ballet would look like...are the dance moves set off the like screenplay dialogue? Are there wrylies?

It may come as a surprise, but I have always wanted to write an opera, or a musical. I don't know about what. Maybe Mustache: The Musical. About a young boys struggle to grow a mustache, then only to be shunned by society when he gets a mustache. I should probably give one of the people AIDS or a pregnancy scare, you know, for weight (worked for Rent & Grease). The number that would bring down the house: O! Handlebars!

Now, you might be thinking. Hey, Stache...you can't sing. We've seen your karaoke and you carry a tune like how old people screw (not too often, and not too well). (Which reminds me....there is a video of me singing karaoke out there in the great big world...it's only a matter of time before it's on YouTube). And, people must know that I lack all musical talent. I can play a radio, but that's about it. So, what business would I have writing a musical/opera/symphony?

Well, because I believe I can. Because if David Johansen can do it, so can I. Who is David Johansen? You might know him because he was the lead singer of The New York Dolls. You may also know him from his movie rolls as the Ghost of Christmas Past in the Bill Murray flick, Scrooged and maybe for his starring turn in the movie version of Car 54, Where Are You? But chances are, you know David Johansen as Buster Poindexter. Behold!



And, if I have a saying in life, it is that if Buster Poindexter can do it, then sweet lord, so can I. So look out Broadway...here comes Mustache: The Musical!

VIVA EL MUSTACHE!

4 comments:

Flynn said...

Senor Stache,

A fun collection of (mostly) punk icons (including Mr Johansen) as pictured on baseball cards, here:
http://www.glyphjockey.com/2007/10/more-punk-baseball-for-world-series.html

Go Rox,
TSF

Flynn said...

Here's the url in its entirety:

http://www.glyphjockey.com
/2007/10/more-punk-baseball-for-
world-series.html

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I don't think you should neglect to mention Vernon Reid of Living Colour fame from that article. That seems a little more out of the ordinary to me than Buster Poindexter.

Sorry--accidentally deleted it before.